Play a game to dress for each season. Are you cool, warm or dry?
Have fun learning about what to wear for each season. Look at the weather and decide what clothing you would choose to stay comfortable and save energy.
1. Display the "Dress well" slideshow.
2. Slide 2, introduce the four seasons and discuss what happens to the weather in each season:
3. Slide 3, shows examples of different types of clothing that we might wear in different seasons.
4. Slide 4, ask your students to look at the picture and decide what clothing would work best. Slide 5 reveals the best clothing for that weather. Continue the game to slide 13.
5. Slide 14, discuss that we have been talking about dressing for the season outside, but we also need to think about dressing for the season indoors. Continue the game having the students choose what to wear indoors in different seasons.
6. Slides 19 and 20, explain that by dressing warmer indoors, we can save energy by turning down the heat or turning off the air conditioner. We keep comfortable and saving energy is good for our planet.
Seasonal changes affect nature and the world around us, and it also affects what people wear, how they behave, and how they use energy. By learning to observe and respond to seasonal changes we can be comfortable without using lots of heat and cooling. We can choose clothing suitable for indoors and outdoors, open or close the windows and turn down the air-conditioning or heat.
Simple tips for keeping warm and saving energy indoors in winter:
Simple tips for staying cool and saving energy indoors in summer:
Water is essential for life and always on the move.
Animals have a variety of ways to accommodate daily and seasonal cycles. What energy conservation habits we can learn fr...
Explore Indigenous perspectives about honouring water.
We want to ensure that we’re providing activities your class will enjoy. Please let us know what you think about this activity by leaving us your feedback.